Where talent and profit collide, great counsel provides the glue.
At the epicenter of the global entertainment industry, and serving as one of the world’s most active sporting hubs, Southern California is often the backdrop for thriving businesses that operate in one or both spaces. With such fertile ground comes inevitable competition for funding and profit. To maintain the advantage in these niche areas, the counsel of seasoned attorneys is invaluable.
The attorneys of Salisian | Lee incorporate a hands-on understanding of the entertainment industry and of professional and amateur sports to provide counsel on related transactional and litigation matters. Our team provides legal support in a number of areas, including the following:
- Sports Arbitrations and Mediations
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Television and Other Media Rights, Production, and Distribution
- Purchase and Sale of Assets
- Contract Negotiations and Contract Disputes
- Advertising and Promotions
- Financing Deals
- Agent Regulations and Relationship Management
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Sports Administrative Matters, Including Title IX, Drug Testing, and NCAA Eligibility Issues
- Prosecution and Defense of Film, Television, and Music Industry Litigation
- Partnership and Shareholder Disputes
- Conflicts between Management and Agencies
- Royalty Accounting Actions
- Violations of Publishing, Mechanical, and Recording Agreements
- Failure to Distribute Actions
- Entity Dissolution Actions
- Licensing and Royalty Disputes
- Unauthorized Use of Name and Likeness
- Defense and Prosecution of Libel and Slander Suits
We welcome clients no matter the size of the contract or size of the profile, a promise that many larger law firms in this area simply cannot make. We are available, and always accessible, to producers, directors, actors, and agents, as well as players, ex-players, coaches, managers, teams, stadium owners and contractors, franchisors, sponsors, and any business established on an entertaining or sporting platform.
Whether it is time to hit the lights or play ball, please contact our offices for a free consultation.