Turning finish lines into fresh starts.
With the economy in flux, many businesses need a legal road map for tackling problems and landing on their feet. Our attorneys know that hard times in business come with the territory. When the time comes for our individual and corporate clients to revaluate or restructure their holdings, our attorneys handle their cases patiently, diligently and with the least invasive means possible.
Salisian | Lee’s Bankruptcy Litigation practice offers counsel regarding all forms of individual and business bankruptcy litigation, with a focus on large-scale personal and corporate Chapter 11 proceedings, on behalf of debtors and creditors alike. We represent board members, creditors – both secured and unsecured – and creditor and equity committees, shareholders, and trustees, as well as debtors, debtors in possession, landlords and lessors, and the purchasers and sellers of distressed assets.
The practice handles all stages of bankruptcy litigation, including:
- Handling claims of landlords, creditors and investors
- Obtaining confirmation of plans of reorganization
- Liquidating and selling of assets
- Obtaining debtor-in-possession financing
- Implementing assignments for the benefit of creditors
- Negotiating compositions
- Managing executory contracts and leases
- Litigating avoidance actions, such as fraudulent transfers and preferences
- Obtaining relief from automatic stays in foreclosure-related proceedings
- Supporting/opposing the adequacy of disclosure statements and the confirmation of plans of reorganization
- Defending objections to the priority and the allowance of claims
- Obtaining the appointment of trustees and examiners
- Moving to dismiss or convert Chapter 11 cases
- Contesting the valuations of assets and the reorganization of securities
- Providing post-petition financing to debtors-in-possession
- Defending fraudulent conveyance and preference claims
- Seeking the estimation and allowance of contingent claims
- Managing claim transfers
- Asserting reclamation claims
- Enforcing or contesting the assumption of executory contracts and leases
Bankruptcy is not an easy road for anyone. Let us help ensure a smoother path going forward.
Please contact our offices for a free consultation.