Jay Lichter is an associate at Salisian | Lee LLP. Mr. Lichter’s practice is focused on business litigation for new and emerging businesses. Prior to joining Salisian | Lee, Mr. Lichter began his career and received his training as an associate at a class action law firm in Beverly Hills. While there, he helped bring nationwide, multi-million dollar litigation to settlement. Mr. Lichter also worked as a law clerk for the District Attorney’s Offices of San Diego County and Ventura County, where he gained valuable experience in criminal prosecution.
Mr. Lichter received his J.D. from the University of California, Davis, School of Law in 2009. While there, he served as a staff editor for the U.C. Davis Business Law Journal and the U.C. Davis Journal of International Law and Policy. During the course of his studies, Mr. Lichter clerked for both the Office of the Attorney General of California and Legal Services of Northern California, receiving awards for his pro bono and public service work. He received his B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2004, graduating cum laude.
Mr. Lichter is admitted to practice law in the state of California and before the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
- Successfully brought dozens of breach of contract cases on behalf of multiple local businesses, from initiation to dispositive motion practice, and settlement.
- Successfully defended suits involving new and changing business marketing technologies and strategies.
- Litigated disputes involving defamation, internet privacy rights, and First Amendment claims.
- Coordinated litigation involving approximately 150 collection actions throughout the state.
- Litigated class actions and consumer protection suits involving health insurance overcharges involving claims of approximately $6 million.
- Handled mass tort litigation involving pharmaceutical company misrepresentations that resulted in mass birth defects, and a high-speed train collision with mass injuries.
June 22, 2015 – “Revenge Porn Purveyors Soon Face New Consequences” – co-authored by Richard Lee and Jay Lichter.
Los Angeles Magazine, Los Angeles, CA
2014 – Selected as a Southern California SuperLawyer “Rising Star”.
Daily Journal, Los Angeles, CA
January 2014 – “SB 568: Taking An Eraser to Childish Behavior”
Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine, Los Angeles, CA
January 2014 – “The Star System: Under New California Regulations, Owners of Commercial Buildings May Be Obligated to Disclose Energy Use Data via the EPA’s Energy Star Program,” co-authored by Richard Lee and Jay Lichter.
Pasadena Magazine, Pasadena, CA
October 2013 – Recognized as a Top Attorney in Business Law/Litigation in the San Gabriel Valley for 2013.
UC Davis School of Law, Davis, CA
2009 Public Service Award, 2009 Pro Bono Service Award