Han Pai is a senior associate at Salisian | Lee LLP, where he focuses his practice on general business litigation matters, as well as on the transactional and business formation needs of the firm’s diverse client roster.
Mr. Pai divides his time equally amongst the firm’s various practices, representing businesses and entrepreneurs in a wide array of industries throughout Southern California, including real estate, financial services, entertainment, and technology. He handles all phases of litigation, such as pre-judgment and post-judgment remedies, as well as issues that arise in the course of alternative and informal dispute resolution. Mr. Pai also provides valuable transactional counsel, including the contract drafting and business formation needs of clients as they arise.
He began his legal career as an associate with a boutique business litigation firm in downtown Los Angeles, where he gained a working knowledge of litigation. Since joining Salisian | Lee in 2011, Mr. Pai has further developed his skill set and broadened his experience working on complex matters in the areas of real estate, bankruptcy, insurance recovery, and business formation and development.
Mr. Pai received his J.D. from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and his B.A. from Johns Hopkins University, graduating with general honors. He is an active member of the Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association.
Mr. Pai is admitted to practice law in California and before the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
· Second-chaired a seven-day bench trial in the Los Angeles Superior Court defending a judicial foreclosure action on behalf of a borrower, and successfully asserted the purchase-money anti-deficiency defense. Currently on appeal.
· Second-chaired a two-day bench trial in the Santa Barbara Superior Court defending an action to partition two commercial real properties brought by one tenant-in-common against the other.
· Successfully represented mobile phone content providers prosecuting claims based on breach of services agreements against mobile phone content aggregators, and defending against counterclaims seeking in excess of $110 million.
· Successfully represented an internet start-up in a hotly contested legal battle over rights to a lucrative internet-based venture involving celebrity greetings.
· Successfully defended judgment creditor in lawsuit by a competing secured creditor seeking damages and injunctive relief, including successfully opposing multiple ex parte applications for temporary restraining orders and other relief.
· Represented equity holder of multiple single-purpose real estate entities in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings, including opposing the adequacy of disclosure statements and the confirmation of plans of reorganization.
· Coordinated litigation on behalf of Southern California businesses of approximately 150 contract-based actions, from case inception through judgment enforcement, throughout California and out-of-state.
· Served as outside general counsel for out-of-state food and beverage distributor advising on California law.
December 9, 2016 – “The Lighter Side of California Laws” – co-authored by Richard Lee and H. Han Pai.
February 3, 2015 – “Rolling the Dice on iGaming” – co-authored with Partner Neal Salisian.
October 2014 – “Bridging the Gap to Turn the Economic Corner” – co-authored with Partner Neal Salisian.
Pasadena Magazine, Pasadena, CA
October 2013 – Recognized as a Top Attorney in Business Law/Litigation in the San Gabriel Valley for 2013.
July 2013 – “Courthouse Budget Cuts Spell Headaches for L.A. Attorneys.” co-authored by Neal Salisian and Han Pai.